Unit Four, Mini-Project: Grief, Mourning, and Bereavement Purpose
• To explore difficult topics such as grief, mourning, and bereavement.
• Note: This mini-project is not and should never be used as an alternative for counseling and other mental health services provided by trained and licensed profesionals. Below are resources someone you know, or you, may find useful when struggling with loss. o Dallas College’s Counseling Center o Finding Local Mental Health Resources
Full Link to, “Finding Local Mental Health Resources;” you may need to copy and paste the following link into your web browser: https://www.apa.org/topics/covid-19/localmental-health o National Suicide Hotline Point Value •
50 points Required Activity and Reading • Grief and COVID-19: Mourning our Bygone Lives o Full Link to, “Grief and COVID-19: Mourning our Bygone Lives;” you may need to copy and paste the following link into your web browser: https://www.apa.org/news/apa/2020/04/griefcovid-19 Required Videos
• Dr. Robert Neimeyer: The Three R’s of Processing Grief Supplemental and Optional Materia
l • Moral Injury in Police Work o Full Link to, “Moral Injury in Police Work;” you may need to copy and paste the following link into your web browser: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Konstantinos_Papazoglou2/publication/335842788_Moral_ Injury_in_Police_Work/links/5d7fece6a6fdcc66b001a8a1/Moral-Injury-in-Police-Work.pdf
• Police Psychology and Crisis Tangibles • Address loss, grief, or bereavement in a one to three page type written paper. o Use Dr. Robert Neimeyer’s Three R’s Approach; Section headers that should appear in your paper were listed below: 2
Retelling a story of loss • Express and detail what was lost for either yourself or someone you know well.
• Identify/describe one noticeable adjustment in your described loss after having reviewed all required materials for this assignment.
Rebuilding a bond • How, specifically, will you, or someone you know well, conserve your relationship/love with your identified, and previously expressed, loss?
• How will you, or someone you know, more forward with the reconceptualized and reestablished relationship to the described loss?
Reinventing Lives • In what ways are you, or someone you know, forever changed by this loss? • In what ways have you, or someone you know, grown or plan to grow because of this loss?
• Be sure to submit all work, as individuals, into eCampus for grading purposes