Instructions: Despite increased abilities across developmental realms, including the maturation of pain systems involving self-regulation and the coordination of affect and cognition, the transition to young adulthood is accompanied by higher rates of mortality, greater engagement in health-damaging behaviors, and an increase in chronic conditions. Rates of motor vehicle fatality and homicide peak during young adulthood, as do mental health problems, substance abuse, unintentional pregnancies, and sexually transmitted infections.
Describe how the advanced practice nurse can play a role in improving the health of young adults through preventive screening and intervention.
– Formatted and cited in current APA 7
– The discussion must address the topic
– Rationale must be provided
– Use at least 600 words (no included 1st page or references in the 600 words)
– Use 3 academic sources. Not older than 5 years
– Not Websites are allowed.
– Plagiarism is NOT allowed