How is race/ethnicity defined in America?
What is the difficulty with using race/ethnicity to measure health outcomes?
Why are COVID-19 rates higher among non-whites?
Reading 2 : “Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID19” Journal of the American Medical Association Click this Link! Download Reading 2: “Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities Related to COVID19” Journal of the American Medical Association Click this Link!
After reading the chapter, the reading on COVID19 and watching these videos, you will be knowledgeable about the following concepts:
· Definitions of race and ethnicity in America
· US Census Bureau definitions of race and ethnicity
· Critiques of definitions of race and ethnicity
· Problems surrounding definitions of race and ethnicity
· The history of using race as a category in the US
· Race and ethnicity as social categorizations
· The problems with using race and ethnicity to measure morbidity
· How is race, ethnicity and social class intertwined in the US
· How do the rates of COVID-19 in white and non-white populations in the US differ?
· Why are the rates between white and non-white groups so large?
Please watch video links below: