Order Working With Inferential Statistics
This topic helps you develop a basic understanding of statistics. Two distinct types of statistics are addressed: descriptive and inferential. In this assignment, you will have another opportunity to use the SPSS program. SPSS makes it easy to analyze data using specific tests. This assignment will give you practice with t-tests, ANOVA, and communicating your results through a written summary.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Before beginning this assignment, be sure to view the tutorial videos located in the topic Resources.
· View the “Working With Inferential Statistics” tutorial, located in the DNP-830A folder of the DNP PI Workspace.
· Refer to the “Sample Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) Table” and “Sample Results of Several t Tests Table” in the topic Resources, as needed, to complete the table using APA style.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
· Learners will submit this assignment using the assignment dropbox in the digital classroom. In addition, learners must upload this deliverable to the Learner Dissertation Page (LDP) in the DNP PI Workspace for later use.
Prior to beginning this assignment, complete the assigned readings and view the assigned videos. Using the data provided on the “HCUP State Inpatient Databases (SID) File Composition – Number of Discharges by Year” webpage, located in the topic Resources, conduct the appropriate statistical test in SPSS to address the following:
1. Describe the mean, standard deviation, and range of discharges in 2019.
2. Compare the number of discharges in 2019 in all states by region using an ANOVA. Are there significantly more discharges? Describe the assumption of variance between groups and within groups? Create a table of your results using APA style and attach as an appendix to your paper. Western States (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado Alaska, Hawaii); Mid-Western States (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio); Southern States (Maryland, Washington D.C, West Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas); Northeastern States (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware).
3. Compare the number of discharges in all states between 2012 and 2019 using a paired t-test. Are there significantly more discharges in 2019 versus 2012? Describe the assumption of a paired samples t-test. Create a table for your results using APA style and attach as an appendix.
4. Write a 500–750-word summary of your results.
5. Attach your SPSS statistical outputs as an appendix to your paper.
Read Chapters 2 and 14 in Clinical Analytics and Data Management for the DNP.
Review the data on the HCUP webpage to complete the topic assignment:
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. (2021). HCUP state inpatient databases (SID) file composition – number of discharges by year. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. https://hcup-us.ahrq.gov/db/state/siddist/siddist_discharge.jsp
Review the following video resources, located on the Microsoft Support website, for assistance in attaching tables or charts in landscape orientation to a paper with portrait orientation:
Microsoft Support. (n.d.). Use landscape and portrait orientation [Video].
Microsoft Support. (n.d.). Use both in the same document [Video]. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/video-use-landscape-and-portrait-in-the-same-document-ddd80cb6-c9ae-4493-ba75-c663074031a0
Refer to “Sample Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) Table,” in the following APA Style resource, for assistance with APA style formatting as needed for your assignment: American Psychological Association. (2019). Sample tables. https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/tables-figures/sample-tables
Order Working With Inferential Statistics